We're a team of 40+ people that cares deeply about digital product excellence. We turn ambitious ideas into scalable products, in close cooperation and transparency with our partners and clients.
We build and manage a portfolio of products in a broad range of industries.
Product excellence drives us forward.
How we roll on a daily basis is meticulously described in this blogpost: an operating model that reflects the day-to-day realities of software delivery.
About our software engineering position
In summary, you'll become an integral part of:
- A varied portfolio of rapidly growing web and data products
- A healthy mix of green field initiatives and established (yet recent) codebases
- A refined operating model that leaves room for technical excellence
- Company-wide initiatives to continuously optimise our technical setup
You’re a well-rounded software engineer that likes to be part of the product definition and development process. You have a broad understanding of the possibilities and limitations of web technologies. You're at your best within a strong team that works together towards common product objectives. You find the optimal balance between the speed and frequency of delivery versus reliability. You want to push a product forward and make a difference for end-users.
- Based on the product objectives you can draw up a future-proof data model and interpret an application architecture
- Build APIs based on modern programming languages/frameworks
- Write automated unit and integration tests
- Participate in code reviews
- Turn user stories into functioning software in close cooperation with our frontend engineers.
Technologies and required skills:
- A higher education degree in Computer Science or Applied Informatics (or closely related field) is a must.
- Hands on experience with and in-depth conceptual understanding of (one of) the well-known infrastructure players (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure)
- Software development experience using REST APIs
- A solid understanding of database technologies, both relational and non-relational (mySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc)
- Node.js and/or .NET development knowledge with an understanding of microservice principles
- As a plus: overall professional curiosity in the world of data (engineering). You naturally identify use cases where we can leverage modern data science techniques to create additional product value
We offer a friendly, stable and inspiring working and learning environment with a strong team ready to help out where needed. During our weekly Panenco Labs sessions we share experiences from the various products that we're building across different specialty domains.
A fair compensation, office snacks and afterwork entertainment are included of course!
Address: Hyphen One - Kolonel Begaultlaan 1A/51, 3012 Leuven
Address: 123 Peremohy avenue, office number 520
How to apply
Please send your Github profile, resume and optionally a personal portfolio to email@example.com