We build and manage a product portfolio that spans multiple industries.
Our mission as a company is to raise the bar for digital product development.
This mission is underpinned by a refined operating model that facilitates quality over quantity and is oriented towards sustainable growth.
About our software engineering position (React / typescript)
Front-end engineers are an essential part of our software delivery operations. Working closely with designers, back-end engineers and product management, you implement the user interface and (front-end) business logic of various web applications.
We’re keen on best-practice software delivery making the most of modern tools like React, ES6, and Redux, and possible PWAs.
Passion for the web combined with a product oriented mindset and personal portfolio will make you blend right into our team. We love to learn from each other and share experiences, even about crazy side-projects.
Technologies and required skills
- You fundamentally grasp the concept of (REST) APIs and you can interface with them
- JS/TS: in-depth understanding of ES5.1 + ES6
- React: Context API, Hooks, HOC “pattern”, lifecycle methods v16.4+
- Redux: redux-thunks, middlewares understanding
- Other: CSS/SCSS, Webpack core concepts understanding
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Solid reading and speaking skills in English
As a plus
- Styled-components or other CSS-in-JS approaches
- Experience with Cypress or other end-to-end testing frameworks
- Node.js (Express) back-end understanding
We offer a friendly, stable and inspirational working environment with a strong team ready to help out where needed. During our weekly Panenco Labs sessions we share experiences from the various products that we're building, across different industries.
A fair compensation, office snacks and fun afterwork drinks are included of course!
- You become an integral part of a specific product team within our company
- You'll work under close guidance from the product manager who will set out the operational and functional direction
- Our front-end chapter lead will be your main point of contact for the product-setup and technical specifics across the portfolio
- Synchronise with the product designers on specific screens and component behaviours
- Work with back-end engineers to build features and ship product increments
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- Find and address performance and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices
- Share your learnings and insights during our weekly Panenco Labs sessions
Address: Hyphen One - Kolonel Begaultlaan 1A/51, 3012 Leuven
Address: 123 Peremogy avenue, office number 520